In this episode, children will:
discover how they can enjoy the process of learning something new.
learn that they can find fun in the every day, even when facing a challenge.
be inspired by a real Big Life Kid, Maggie, and how she learned to skate.
- What three challenges did Zara compete in at the skating rink?
- Leo told Zara that she should focus on having fun rather than on winning. Have you had an experience where you had fun competing and didn't care whether you won?
- Maggie enjoyed learning how to skate by watching videos online and practicing each day. What is one activity you think you would enjoy learning?
1. Try the "Take Chances, Keep Going" printable available in our Resilience Printable Kit. In this activity, several drawings have been started and it's your child's job to complete them. This will remind them how great something can be if you keep going.
2. Watch a few of the movies listed in our Top 15 Movies About Perseverance for Children. These stories involve characters who put effort and determination into accomplishing a goal.
3. Talk to your child about a new sport or activity they can learn. Have them write out all the steps it will take to learn it and the fun experiences they could have along the way. Have them consider what feelings they may experience throughout the process and brainstorm ways they can make the process more fun.
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.