In this episode, children will:
discover that the journey is often more important than the destination.
learn how to embrace challenges throughout the process.
hear about Antonio Vicente, a man who grew his own rainforest.
- In this episode, Leo and Zara rode a night bus through Brazil and took in the sights. Have you ever gone on a memorable trip and seen amazing sights along the way?
- How do you think Antonio felt when he discovered his farm had grown into an entire forest?
- Juan mentioned that a journey isn't always just a trip, it can be the journey of learning a new sport or making a new friend. What's one "journey" you've had recently?
1. Try "The Stairway to Success" activity available in our Resilience Printable Kit. Your child will see the journeys Simone Biles, Usain Bolt, and a role model of their choice took on their way to success.
2. Have a conversation with your child about journeys they have experienced in the past. Talk about what happened during the process and ask your child how they felt. This helps them recall that they experienced memorable moments in the process of reaching a goal or destination.
3. Consider purchasing mint or other herb seeds and planting them in a small pot. Each day, your child will care for the plant and watch it grow over time. This can be a valuable way to show your child patience and how to find joy in the process.
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Maloney.