Zara and Leo are on a mission to hear from YOU. Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, we find out how one of our listeners from Chicago, Mallory, maintains her positive attitude to enjoy each day. Zara and Leo make a poster that helps them train their brains to stay positive.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- learn how to train their brain to be more positive and enjoy each day
- be inspired by our listener from Chicago, Mallory
- I Think, I Am!: Teaching Kids the Power of Affirmations by Louise Hay
- Ish (Creatrilogy) by Peter Reynolds
- Daniel’s Good Day by Micha Archer
- The Power of Positivity by National Geographic
- The Reflection in Me by FableVision
- How to Make Positivity Stick with Caitlin Haacke by TEDxTeen
1. Complete Weeks 25 & 26 "Be Positive" in the Big Life Journal - 1st Edition. In this chapter, children will practice being positive about a situation, a person, and their life. They will learn that when you’re positive, you look for good things in any circumstance.
2. Print our 25 Instant Family Positivity Boosters poster (in our Positivity & Connection Kit) and put it somewhere everyone can see. When a negative mood is lingering, ask children which activity they would like to do. Doing something fun for a few minutes can transform the mood!
3. Use strategies from the 7 Powerful Ways to Respond When Your Child Complains (in our Positivity & Connection Kit) to help children express their dissatisfaction in healthier, more positive ways.
4. Practice setting intentions with the Positive Daily Intentions printable (in our Positivity & Connection Kit). When done repeatedly, children can experience lasting changes in their brains.
5. Use the phrases from the 50 Powerful Ways to Wish Good Day to Your Child printable (in our Positivity & Connection Kit) as alternatives to "Have a great day!" Your child will feel inspired, encouraged, and loved.
6. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- How did Mallory train her brain to find the good in every situation? (by focusing on the things that make her happy)
- Which activities make you happy?
- How else can you train your brain to be more positive? (spend time with the family, write in the gratitude journal, etc).
For Parents and Teachers
- 7 Activities to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Attitude
- 7 Ways To Address Your Child's Negative Self-Talk
- Want Your Kids To Have High Self-Esteem? Science Says Do This
- 25 Things You Can Do Right Now To Build a Child’s Confidence
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!