Zara and Leo love to hear from you, our listeners! Listen to the mini-episodes as Big Life Kids (our listeners) from across the world tell us about their amazing adventures.
In this episode, Reagan, a Big Life Kid from Michigan in the United States, shares the story of how she focused on what she COULD do, and raised money for the Australian wildfire fund. Meanwhile, Zara and Leo help protect a very important species.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
Do you want your growth mindset story to be featured on the Big Life Kids Podcast? Submit your story to Leo & Zara.
In this episode, children will:
- Learn how to focus on what they can control
- Be inspired by our listener Reagan
- Create a Can’t Control? Let it Go! Poster
- What Should Danny Do? by Ganit Levy
- What Should Darla Do? by Ganit Levy
- I Can Handle It (Mindful Mantras) by Ms Laurie Wright
- Matilda (1996) PG A story of a wonderful little girl, who happens to be a genius but is misunderstood by her family. Somewhere inside all of us is the power to change the world!
- Greatest Showman (2017) PG .T. Barnum starts out as a penniless orphan but becomes the world-renowned creator of the circus. The impossible can come true!
1. Be sure to check out the popular Circle of Control poster. It’s a great visual showing that, in each situation, there are things we can control and things we cannot control. It helps children understand putting their energy into things they can control will help them arrive at solutions more effectively.
2. Help your child look at the situation from a growth mindset perspective - it’s not fixed, it can be improved, and they do have the power to influence the situation. For suggestions and examples, view our My Growth Mindset Statements printable (part of our Growth Mindset Printables Kit)
3. Our Gratitude and Mindfulness Kit PDF showcases fun and engaging activities including Mindful Brain Breaks--perfect to use any time of the day.
4. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- How did Zara and Leo help the bats?
- What did Reagan do after realizing that the fires were out of her control
- What is something you CAN focus on that is in your control?
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Laura Hernandez.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!