CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE EPISODE GUIDE
In this episode, children will:
- learn they can train their brain to enjoy each moment as it comes
- travel to Memphis, Tennessee in the USA
- be inspired by Nicole Cardoza, a yoga instructor and social entrepreneur
- Breathe and Be: A Book of Mindfulness Poems By Kate Coombs
- Silence by Lemniscates
- What Does it Mean to be Present? by Rana DiOrio
- Take the Time by Maud Roegiers
- I am Peace by Susan Verde and Peter H. Reynolds
- Nicole Cardoza’s Guided Meditation For Anxiety
- 20 Minute Yoga for Youth with Nicole Cardoza
- Yoga for All: Nicole Cardoza
- The Power of Paying Attention by TedX
1. Complete Weeks 19 & 20 "Be Mindful" in the Big Life Journal - 1st Edition. Practice mindful smiling every morning when your child wakes up. If done regularly, this exercise will make children happier, healthier, and more positive.
2. Use My Mindfulness Bingo (in our Gratitude & Mindfulness Kit) to help your child feel more connected to themselves by practicing mindfulness. This fun bingo game is the perfect introduction to various mindfulness activities.
3. Check out our Mindfulness Playlist on Spotify! This music will help your children relax while doing mindfulness activities.
4. Mindful Brain Breaks (in our Gratitude & Mindfulness Kit) are great activities to do throughout the day. When your children are mindful, they're paying attention to what they are seeing, hearing, tasting, smelling – everything in this moment, right now. They only take a few minutes but can make a difference.
5. Check out the Podcast Activity Kit for Seasons 1 & 2. The kit includes engaging activities to boost self-esteem, teach the importance of learning from mistakes, encourage resilience and more!
- What does Nicole imagine when she feels overwhelmed? (that her brain is like a radio)
- What does being mindful mean? (focusing on what’s happening here and now)
- How might being mindful help you?
For Parents and Teachers
- 5 Fun Mindfulness Activities for Children
- Top 50 Mindfulness Resources for Children & Teens
- 7 Activities to Help Your Child Develop a Positive Attitude
Produced by Alexandra Eidens and Big Life Journal team. Written and directed by Sarah Cyrano. Sound design and original music by Elettra Bargiacchi. Sound mixing by Mattia Marcelli. Characters played by Sean Chiplock and Ryan Bartley. Managed by Kait Bibb.
DON'T MISS A NEW EPISODE! When you sign up for podcast notifications, we'll let you know when a new episode goes live!